Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Update

Sorry it has been so long since I've given you an update! It seems like this week has been filled with getting Lane to feel better and also getting the house in order after a crazy week last week. Lane had a doctor appointment on Monday. He's almost better! He still sounds a little raspy sometimes, especially when he plays too hard, but otherwise he's good as new! We have to continue the antibiotics until Saturday, but Lane doesn't mind taking medicine (thank goodness!).

Lane has been so much fun these past couple of days now that he's feeling better. It seems that he "grew up" a little after being sick. He's starting to say "mama" alot and I've also heard "stinky" and "ball" a few times. Of course, he still meows like a cat every chance he gets!

It's so fun to watch Lane play with his tractors. Curtis sat down with him on Monday and showed him how to push the tractor across the floor. We found a little disk and put that behind the tractor, and Lane just loves to sit there and "drive"! Of course, the disk falls off about every minute so I have to put it back on, but the smile I'm given makes it worth the hassle!

A funny thing Lane did yesterday - I was cooking supper and Lane was playing in all the kitchen drawers. He pulled out the sandwich baggies, laid them out nice on the floor, and then stepped on them. I thought he would fall since they are slippery, so I watched carefully. No falls, but the baggies stuck to his feet while he walked. Lane thought this was hilarious! After a few steps he tired of it, so I took them off. Ten seconds later he's stepping on new ones and laughing hilariously again. Repeat about a dozen times and that kept him occupied most of the time it took for supper to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment