Friday, June 12, 2009

Rainy Day Fun!

What do you do with a toddler all day when it rains?!? He's grumpy, I'm grumpy, and then it's just no fun! I think he's getting tired of his toys and walking around the house isn't much fun when Mom puts everything out of reach :) Since it was raining this morning, Curtis was home for a couple of hours before lunch. Time to have fun!
We have stored toy tractors in Lane's room since day 1. He hasn't paid them much attention until recently. All week, he's been pointing at the big 4-wheel drive tractor and wants me to get it down. Curtis wanted to zip-tie the hood shut so it won't break. Today he remembered the zip-ties! Lane was sooo excited when Curtis brought the tractor out. Lane is finally learning how to push them across the floor. Both Lane and Curtis were pushing tractors and "farming".


Lane's new favorite pasttime is putting a blanket over his head while walking around. It IS hilarious, but I'm constantly moving things out of his way so he doesn't run into them! He actually seems to have a pretty good sense of direction and has only run into the bookshelf once. (With the blanket on, that is, he's run into it plenty of other times!) I thought that he might enjoy a fort...he can have something over his head...but he can see! I've made him a fort once before, but he was only about 9 months old and didn't understand the point. Today was different! He loved it! He was moving so fast it was hard to get a good picture, but he was having fun. I spent about 20 minutes after Curtis left to go back to work just chasing Lane around and around. Guess I'll have to do it more often!






No comments:

Post a Comment