We celebrated Lane's 1st birthday a few days before his actual birthday...a Sunday just worked better for everyone. We ate lunch first - hamburgers, chips, and salads. While Lane took a nap (he really needed one!), everyone else ate cake and homemade ice cream. Lane LOVED opening his presents. He smiled and laughed at each one and really seemed to appreciate every gift! He also liked eating cake for the first time - wasn't too messy, but still enjoyed it!
It was a fun party. I enjoyed it because it was MY birthday, so I got to see everyone in our families, but the attention wasn't directly on me! Plus, opening Lane's presents was almost like opening gifts for me (it's fun to "get" toys again!). Here are just a few of the many pictures taken that day! In the last picture, everyone had gone home and Curtis and I were cleaning the garage. Lane was crawling around playing in the dirt, and he got so dirty. He looked just like a little boy (not a baby!). I think that was the first time that I realized that he really is growing up.
I do have to admit, I just LOVE it now that he is over a year old. Life is sooo much easier now - regular, long naps, eating table food, drinking milk, walking around, playing - it just doesn't get any better than this! Of course he has his moments where I want to pull my hair out, but for the most part, he's a really good kid. Let's hope he stays that way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment