The weather this week hasn't been very good - not what I would expect for June! We haven't been able to play outside much or go for walks like we usually do, so both Lane and I have been feeling cooped up. Curtis, on the other hand, is getting plenty of outside time. Him and Bret had to put new sprinklers on several pivots this week...luckily they had a day where it wasn't rainy and windy to do that!
This past weekend, we bought Lane a sand and water table. For now it's just filled with water, but he loves it! We've only been able to play with it one day this week and even that day was a little chilly. Lane was pretty tentative at first, but once he started splashing water, he realized it was tons of fun! I put him in an old shirt, which was good, because he was soaked within a matter of minutes. The wind was pretty chilly, so he got cold and wanted to go inside. I only got a few good pictures of him playing and none with him and Whiskey (our cat). Whiskey was pretty cute - she'd stand up by the table and peer into the water. Lane would see her doing that and do the same thing! I just couldn't take a picture fast enough to get them both.



Lane got this swing for his birthday from Great-Grandma and Grandpa Reimer. Every time we go outside, he points to it and grunts. He normally only lasts about 5-10 minutes actually swinging, but he laughs most of the time! It's a fun way to spend a few minutes outside.


We're kinda bummed that we don't have a porch or deck or really any nice place that Lane can play. He's not too fond of playing in the grass. I don't know if it tickles too much or if it's just that he can't drive his truck there, but he just wants to play on the sidewalk. I suppose it shouldn't bother me much because he doesn't know any different! He loves to walk up and down it, picking up rocks and sticks as he goes. Then he tries to hit the cat with them. Such a boy! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment