Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pie in a Jar - Take II

After my mom read my other post about making pie in a jar, she just had to try it for herself! Mom found little jars at Wal-Mart that are kinda short and squatty. Much more of a one-serving size! While my Grandma was visiting, they made up one little apple pie in the jar. They froze it and gave it to me to bake sometime. Well, yesterday I finally remembered to do it! It is so cute! I let it thaw for about an hour and then baked it for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees. I thought Curtis would want to eat it for dessert, but he decided to have ice cream instead. It was so handy - I just screwed the lid back on and saved it for today! It turned out alot better than the larger jars. Curtis did have one suggestion - he thought there was too much crust, so he thought that leaving out the bottom crust would be good too....hmmmm....time to try it again!




1 comment: