Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's good to be home

There's no place like home, there's no place like home. I'm sure that's what Lane was thinking all last night (as was I!). We had to spend last night in the hospital. Lane had been coughing since last Tuesday or Wednesday. I took him into the clinic on Monday since he seemed to be getting worse. Since there was no fever or any other symptoms, we were sent home with an antibiotic. By Wednesday, he was breathing really hard and coughing so bad he couldn't sleep. So, back to the clinic we went. They took x-rays, gave him a shot and a breathing treatment and then sent us home again! At around 4:30, a nurse called to say that they had looked at the x-rays and he had pneumonia. Lane and I rushed back to the clinic before they closed at 5. We were immediately admitted to the hospital.

It was a rough time! Actually, Lane wasn't feeling too bad. He didn't have much of a fever and still liked to explore the room and play with his truck and empty mom's purse. The nurses tried and tried to get an IV put in his hand or foot, but they just couldn't get it in there. Poor Lane cried and cried...I was just glad that Curtis was there for the worst of it so I didn't have to hold him! Luckily Lane was doing pretty well with just antibiotics and breathing treatments, so an IV wasn't really a necessity. Lane and I stayed overnight just to make sure that he wouldn't get worse. He slept great, only waking once (other than when the nurses had to wake him up to check vitals). Luckily, we got to go home this morning and made it back in time for Lane's morning nap. He (and I!) slept for 2 1/2 hours.

Lane's still not feeling the greatest and he's still breathing hard and coughing. He's on two antibiotics and breathing treatments 3 times a day. Hopefully he'll just keep getting better! He is still playing alot and doesn't seem to slow down much. Such a toddler :) Keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment