Thursday, June 25, 2009

This is the life!

This afternoon I was once again reminded why I love being a stay-at-home mom. Just being outside with Lane made me appreciate being able to stay home with him! We were planning to go to the pool in town today, but I think Lane is still not quite 100%, so I decided we should stay home. Since it's over 90 degrees out, I pulled out the baby swimming pool. Last time, Lane wasn't too fond of it, so I wasn't expecting him to actually like it. I think he finally realized that it's like a bath tub, but he can splash all he wants! He'd sit in it and play with all the measuring cups, plastic tubs, and balls that I put in there. He even had to have a tractor in with him! After he tired of that, he got out and walked around for awhile. Lane's new fascination is sticks - he could spend forever just playing with a stick! Then it was time to sit back in the pool and cool off. I was surprised that I got some good pictures - he even smiled when I asked him to!

I've always complained about our lack of a porch/patio/deck/backyard at our rental house. Today I realized that I should just be thankful that we have so much shade in the front! We were outside for an hour and a half and never once had to go in the sun. Since Curtis has been faithfully spraying the yard with bug killer, there were hardly any bugs! It was great just sitting out there watching my boy play :)

No comments:

Post a Comment