Monday, June 8, 2009

Fairmont Air Show

On Saturday, Fairmont had a free air show. Curtis really wanted to go, so we decided that would (hopefully) be a fun family activity. Honestly, I wasn't really looking forward to it, since it was right during Lane's naptime and I figured he would be a grump. Then when he only took a half-hour nap in the morning I REALLY thought it would be a disaster. To my surprise, it wasn't!

When we got there, we stood in line for at least a half hour to order some food. Lane did well sitting in his stroller (I think he liked watching all the people). We found a good place to sit away from other people. Lane had fun running around and playing with Curtis' pop bottle. Due to some mechanical problems, the air show didn't start on time, but once it did, Lane loved it! We pointed out the first plane to him, but after that, whenever he would hear a plane, he would point up in the sky and make sounds that I can only describe as "happy noises". He had so much fun! When the planes would do stunts, Lane would point and laugh and look as high in the sky as he could.

It was only during the last 5 minutes of the show that Lane really started to get tired. By the time we got back to the car, he was sooo sleepy that he fell asleep within 2 minutes of being in the car. I really wish I would've taken our camera so I would have some pictures, but I didn't even think of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment