Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sunshine & Summertime


Almost every Wednesday, Casey and I take our kids over to play at Grandma's.  Lately it's been almost to hot to play outside, so we usually end up inside (and usually back in the "kid's bedroom" since that's where all the toys are!), but this time we got out a little splash pool.  I think they had fun!


Brooks is getting better about playing with his cousins, and Katy is getting better about not hitting him every time she sees him.  Lane and Brooks just wanted to drink the water, while Katy was more interested in the smoothie I was eating.


Our sweet corn was finally ready!  It didn't seem to do so well this year - especially because raccoons ended up eating 2 rows of it.  Good thing I wasn't planning on freezing any! 

We have eaten some for a few suppers - yum!  It just tastes like summer!



I finally caved and bought the handles for sweet corn - Curtis grew up with them, I didn't.  I thought it was only for weenies who don't like to get their hands messy.  Ummm...now I like them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment