Thursday, August 25, 2011

Before and After - Master Bathroom

The master bathroom has been finished for awhile (well, except for the baseboards, but Curtis is busy on the family room so I'm not going to distract him!), but I just had to get new towels before I posted pics!  Besides, Curtis and I were forever arguing about who was using which color of towel.  New towels solved the problem: me, pink; him, brown.

Before:



After:



Since the previous owners redid most of the bathroom (looks like the probably gutted it and started over) there wasn't a whole lot that we did.  The major changes were a new vanity and a couple of storage solutions.  I'm glad that they did as much as they did - we would never be this far along if they hadn't!  It's definitely not my dream bathroom - I would love to have a bathroom with black walls, white vanity with dark granite top, brushed nickel accessories, gleaming white tub/shower, and dark tile on the floor.  Oh, and a chandelier hanging from the ceiling.  I don't think that's up to code though, unfortunately :(.  Anyway, that was way off topic!

Budget Breakdown:

Vanity from Lowes: $249 (on sale and with free delivery!)
Mirror from Lowes: $58 (on sale)
Faucet from Home Depot: $96 (after we installed it, we saw Menards had it for $77 on sale!)
Towel cupboard: free from my mom
Towel rack/shelves from Target: $14ish
Vase with flowers: spray-painted a vase I already had, $4 flowers
Toothbrush holder, soap dispenser, & jar from Target: $30
4 towels, 4 wash cloths, 2 hand towels from Walmart: $28.80
Storage totes (there are also 2 inside the vanity) from Target: $25ish


So, $504.80 isn't too bad!  (And this is the first time I've been adding things up room-by-room.  Quite enlightening! Surprisingly, I can remember most of the prices off the top of my head.  Obsessed much?)

I really want to change out the light above the vanity.  Curtis thinks it is fine.  Any other opinions out there?

And this is our plan for a bathroom door:

Probably not in yellow.  Or maybe??

No comments:

Post a Comment