Friday, August 12, 2011

Sunshine & Summertime, Part 2

My garden is actually growing!  I think that this is the first year my garden has produced anything worth talking about :)  Every year around May, I get ambitious and plant a garden....but then life takes over.  The past several summers I have either been pregnant or had a little baby - neither of which is very condusive to gardening.

Now, FINALLY, I could get a little bit of a garden growing (plus we actually had space for an actual garden, not just garden boxes!) and I've been able to keep it up!  I planted cucumbers, green beans, spaghetti squash, green peppers, habenero peppers, cherry tomatoes and regular tomatoes.


Katy and Lane love to pick the cherry tomatoes...and I caught Katy eating one this afternoon!  Maybe she takes after her grandma?  I hate tomatoes!



I hope to have enough regular tomatoes to can some salsa and some plain diced to use in recipes.  I've been giving Bret and Laura all my cherry tomatoes...I didn't mean to plant them and I really have no use for them as we don't eat them and since they only produce a handful at a time, not worth it to make anything!

But - I've been making good use of our cucumbers (refrigerator pickles) and green peppers (dicing and freezing them).  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment