Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Before and After - Katy's Room

I finally have one room "finished" in this house!  To me, "finished" means that the room is at a point where I can live with it for quite awhile.  Katy's room was probably the easiest room to decorate.  I was basically starting from scratch in her room since I completely changed the color scheme.  Her old nursery was pink and brown (as you can tell by her sheets - I'm not buying new sheets until she's in a twin bed!) and this room is purple, green and blue.

Before:


After:

Quite a change!  The white curtains were the last thing I bought and really look good.  I'm happy with how it turned out! 

*I just remembered that we have to put outlet and vent covers on yet.  Ooops.  That's a job for Curtis.  Mostly because I don't know where they are. 

In my opinion, her room was done pretty cheaply, especially since I really had no ideas beyond the wall colors!

Budget Breakdown:

2 gallons and 1 quart of paint from Ace: $40
Wall letters 50% off at Hobby Lobby: $6 (painted with the quart of paint)
Flower stick-ons from Bed Bath & Beyond: $20
Mirror from garage sale: $1.50 (painted with the quart of paint)
Picture frame: free from Mom's basement
Clock from Home Depot: $10
Lamp from Target: $16
Tissue paper ball: $1ish for the paper?
Curtains from Walmart: $17
Furniture: my bedroom set from when I was at home
Crib: borrowed from my brother-in-law
Of course, we put in new carpet throughout the whole house, but I don't know the room-by-room breakdown!

So, for $111.50, Katy's room sure looks a whole lot better than it did when we bought the house! Love it!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for getting 1 room done! I'm still waiting to get that accomplished!

    ReplyDelete