Monday, August 8, 2011

Menu Plan 8/1

I'm trying to get even better about planning out our meals - this last time I even planned out lunches and snacks!  It made grocery shopping much easier (I wasn't standing in the cracker/cookie/cereal aisle for 10 minutes trying to figure out what would be good/somewhat healthy) and, even though I didn't always stick to the plan, I didn't really have to think during the day about what we're going to eat.  So here's what we've been eating/will eat for the past week and the next couple of days. 

Lunches:
Turkey sandwiches/chips/carrots
Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches/mac & cheese/fruit
Egg Salad sandwiches/chips/fruit
Hot Ham & Cheese/chips/fruit
Leftovers

Snacks:
Teddy Grahams (a favorite of Katy right now!)
String cheese & crackers
Watermelon
Honeycomb cereal (neither one will even try it so I'm left with a big box!)
Vanilla pudding & Oreos

Suppers:
Chicken Quesadillas with Pineapple Slaw
Orange-Pecan Salmon/rice/sweet corn
Country Chicken Cobbler/fruit
Thai Shrimp/rice/sweet corn
Four-Cheese Baked Ziti/bread/green beans

Since we ended up going to the fair and to Casey and Blake's house this weekend, I still have to make the salmon tomorrow night - hope it's good!

I have a busy week the next couple of weeks (and Katy is sick - maybe an ear infection?) so I think I'm going to go easy on myself and try a Kraft Foods "1 bag, 5 dinners" week...they don't look the healthiest or the most interesting, but at least my grocery list and menu is all made out for me already!  I hate grocery shopping with the two little ones, so quick and easy is the goal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment