Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Good Life. On A Stick.

I love the Nebraska State Fair's new slogan:  The Good Life.  On a Stick.  It just cracks me up!  Plus, most things on a stick are really yummy.

We decided to visit the State Fair again this year - it's really pretty cool.  We went on a discount day (is it just me, or was last year's discount day only $1? This year was $5.) so that helped our money go further :)  I also packed a lunch for the kids knowing that I didn't want to pay inflated prices for them! 


Katy enjoyed it when I let her walk!  She is starting to grasp the concept of staying with the group.  Lane was pretty much fascinated by everything going on - so much to look at from animals, farm equipment, food vendors, and strange people!  :)

It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to eat for lunch.  Curtis got a turkey leg and I finally settled for the pork nachos.  They were good!  Curtis didn't like the pairing of barbecued pork and nacho cheese, but I thought it was pretty yummy.  And, I just had to try the pineapple on a stick.  Very good.  Almost like a pineapple pie, if there is such a thing.  There were lots of yummy-looking things I wanted to try, but I ran out of money and room in my tummy :)


Lane had fun climbing on all the equipment, including a "payloader with forks".  (That's all he wants for Christmas.)   We also watched a little bit of team roping - I told Lane that his Grandpa Jost used to do that.  I don't think he quite understood what was going on.  Katy liked seeing the fast horses though!

We visited all the animal barns and got to pet baby pigs. 



Katy really wasn't too sure and wouldn't touch it, but Lane sure got a kick out of it!  Lane also enjoyed seeing a sheep get sheared and then the wool was made into yarn.  He finally got to see in real life what he was pretending several months ago.

We spent a lot of time in the Kid Zone where Katy enjoyed getting soapy with bubbles (and almost burping bubbles after swallowing it!) and Lane liked the sand box and "gathering" eggs.

It's fun to go - we probably should have spent more time there, but Curtis wanted to visit his grandma in Harvard before it was supper time, so we were only there for a few hours.  It's fun to see everything through the kids' eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment