Ever since we moved back to Henderson, my 4Runner has needed a new muffler. Luckily, it wasn't loud and noisy yet, but Curtis said that it could totally break any time. Instead of paying a lot of money for a new one, he wanted to check a few salvage yards that just deal with Toyotas. Only problem was, they are in Wichita, KS. So, we decided just to make a little trip out of it and go visit my grandparents in Buhler. We went on Monday afternoon and came home Tuesday right after lunch. It was a very quick trip, but it was fun!
Lane had a blast. I really wish I had taken my camera (why don't I ever think to take it!?!) because there were alot of cute photo opportunities! He had fun looking through all the toys that I played with when I was younger and there were even some that my mom had played with when she was little! A favorite toy was an old metal airplane. Lane even demonstrated what an airplane does - fly around in the sky. An old rubber train was also a hit. And of course, a whole bucket of balls. And don't forget the plastic horses. And our old playhouse (even though he couldn't go in it, he still thought it was pretty neat). And running down the slope in the driveway and into the mud puddle. He even liked just running around the house. Guess Great-Grandma's house is alot of fun!
Hopefully it didn't take Grandma too long to pick up all the toys that Lane left laying around. I'm sure she will be finding some in weird places long after we've left! Thanks, Grandma & Grandpa for letting us stay with you and for all the yummy food!
Oh, and Curtis did find the part he needed. At an auto parts store in Newton.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment