Saturday, September 26, 2009

Keasling get-together

On Saturday, we packed up and headed to Iowa. Every fall, the whole Keasling (Curtis' mom's side) gets together at Neil and Veronica's place. They have a farm with a bunch of horses and lots of room to play. Neil even hooked up a wagon to an old John Deere tractor so we could have hayrack rides.

Since it was about a 2 1/2 hour drive, I really hoped Lane would take a nap. He hasn't taken a morning nap in forever so I was a little worried! He actually slept for almost an hour and a half! I was so happy - he was in a good mood the rest of the afternoon!

The day was filled with eating, talking, riding, playing in a bounce house, and watching the Husker game. I was very glad that the weather was perfect and it was a great day to be outside. It was fun to see some people that we hadn't seen for more than a year.

Someone brought lots of riding toys for Lane to play with - thank goodness! He LOVED them and we could hardly get him off of them. His favorite was a Cozy Coupe Car, but since he had to be pushed around in that one, Curtis hid it after about an hour :) Not to worry, there were about 3 other riding toys he played with!


Everyone seems to gather in the pasture when others are riding horses. Maybe next year we could get some bleachers??

Lane really loved riding on the wagon behind the tractor. And of course, playing with a pop can is one of his favorite things to do. And no, he doesn't actually drink the pop - Daddy takes care of that for him.

I think Brent had a little TOO much fun driving the tractor - some of the rides got a little crazy! Uhhh...Brent...you do know that there isn't a roll bar on the tractor so hills aren't the best idea??


With Daddy on the wagon....



I told Curtis there was no way I was riding horses....a few years ago, I was on one that started to get a little rambunctious and I had no intentions of getting bucked off. So that scared me away for a while and I definitly did not want to be in charge of Lane on a horse! So Curtis got the honor of taking Lane for a ride. Apparently Curtis' horse acted up a little too and Lane tried to get off about half way through the ride.


Posing for a picture....he wasn't too sure about that!


Lane also got to ride with Great-Uncle Neil. Neil also took Lane on a tractor ride, and that's about the first time I've seen Lane go to a stranger willingly!


It was a fun day, but boy, were we all worn out on the drive home! Lane slept until Lincoln. It would've been a nice drive except for the fact that the Huskers lost.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment