Monday, July 6, 2009

Tough transitions

Up until now, I've been really lucky that Lane has been pretty predictable when it comes to napping. He typically took a morning nap two hours after he woke up, and then an afternoon nap about 3 hours after he woke up from his morning nap. Made it easy to schedule errands and playdates! Now....it's a different story....

Ever since Lane was sick with pneumonia, he has been very erratic in taking naps. I think it's his transition phase to only 1 nap. (Side note - he must like to make changes after he's been sick. When he was sick in January with an ear infection and a cold, he started refusing baby food.) I'm actually looking forward to only 1 nap a day (that's hopefully at least 2-3 hours long) because we'll have more time in the morning to play and run errands. But, right now, I just have no idea what's going to happen each day! Sometimes he falls asleep in the morning...sometimes (most of the time) it's right around 11 or 11:30, and sometimes it's not until 1:00 that he falls asleep! Sometimes naps last 45 minutes and sometimes it's 3 1/2 hours. Sometimes there's only 1 nap a day and sometimes there's 2. It makes it really hard to plan anything!

The other day I tried putting Lane down for his morning nap about 10:00. Didn't work. He was very cranky and nothing was making him happy. Finally, about 11:15, he wanted to be pulled around in his wagon. I happily pulled him (since it usually makes him quiet) for about 20 minutes. I noticed his head starting to droop and his eyes closing. I quickly grabbed a pillow and put it behind him. He immediately fell asleep. It was so cute that I just had to take a picture (or 3)!
In the pictures you can see the stuffed leopard in the wagon with him. What you can't see is the ball, two tractors, and a disk in there with him. He's like a little bag lady - we have to stop to pick up everything we see!






1 comment: