Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Finally - a good batch of cookies!

I finally made a decent batch of cookies! On Saturday, Curtis and Todd Held were busy making a baby gate for the kitchen (more on that in another post). I felt bad that I didn't have anything for them to eat, so I decided to try making cookies again. They actually turned out good! Curtis really likes them and I don't think they're too bad. I accidently left them out all night and they were much better the next day since they softened up a little bit. Don't they look yummy?

Here's the recipe in case any of you want to try them.

Amish Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

3/4 cup butter

1 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup peanut butter

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla

2 1/2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

8 ounces chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat sugars, butter, and peanut butter until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, then stir in the remaining ingredients. Drop by rounded teaspoon on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment