Monday, July 20, 2009

Vacation in Des Moines

We just spent a fun-filled weekend in Des Moines, where Casey and Blake live. Since they recently moved into a new house (sadly, I don't think I took any pictures of the house!), they wanted mom and dad to bring a bunch of their stuff to them. Bret, Curtis, Lane and I tagged along for our vacation. I'm always a little nervous about going somewhere overnight with Lane, but he was such a trooper (especially since he was teething).

The four-hour trip there wasn't too bad, Lane slept until Omaha and then kept busy with all the new-to-him toys that I brought along to entertain him. We went to an Iowa Cubs baseball game that night.

While waiting in line to get our tickets, we saw David and Shannon and Maddie! Shannon is my dad's first cousin and they live in Des Moines. Quite funny to just run into them like that, especially since there were 11,000 people at the game.

Lane actually watched the game! He liked watching the ball and all the people. He would often point at the scoreboard and watch the big screen. Very cute!

Of course, the food is one of the highlights of any baseball game! I shared my pizza with Lane and he really enjoyed it. He got tired of the little bites I was handing him and grabbed the slice. He's so cute eating like a "big boy"!

Blake and Bret can make any situation funny! Notice Blake's creepy grin and Bret giving him the "side eye". What's in those nachos, anyway?


The Cubs lost (I was just thankful they didn't go into extra innings!). We stayed after the game to watch the fireworks. Lane did alright...he was scared and cried a little, but I think he also enjoyed looking at the pretty colors. He was also super tired and fell asleep soon after we got to the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment