Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Baby jail

I finally got tired of not being able to keep Lane out of the kitchen. I can't sweep, load the dishwasher, or somedays, even make supper while he is awake. Since the opening between the kitchen and family room is quite large, we couldn't use a typical baby gate there. Curtis offered to make me one. At first I was a little hesitant. I thought it would be a huge ugly thing. But no! It turned out great!

Todd came over on Saturday to help Curtis build it. The best part of all, the gate was practically free. We still had lumber left over from way back when Curtis worked at Barkman Honey and got a bunch of free 1x4s. And of course, we have tons of screws and nails left over from remodeling our Louisville house.

Here's what the guys came up with:



There are boards screwed to the wall on either side where the gate can slide in and out. So far Lane hasn't been able to get through and I think he'll have to be much taller to lift it out of the slots! I've only had it up once when Curtis wasn't around to play with Lane. Lane wasn't too thrilled about it, but I figure he'll get used to it eventually! Here's some more pictures of Lane just being goofy:





No comments:

Post a Comment