I always thought that I wouldn't have to worry about potty training for a long time. At least a year or two. But....suddenly Lane is showing a little bit of interest. I know the earliest you can really train them is at 15 or 16 months (Lane's actually almost there!) so I know that he's not quite ready. There's been a couple situations in the past few weeks that made me realize that Lane really does understand things...here's what happened....
A few weeks ago, I got Lane in his swimsuit so he could go outside and play in his pool. I had to do a couple of things before we could go out, so I let him play in the kitchen. Suddenly, Lane came back to the bedroom, kinda whimpering, and motioning that he wanted me to go to the kitchen. We get in there and he points to a puddle on the floor and made a "sad" noise. He was embarassed that he had gone on the floor and wanted to let me know what happened!
Then today, I told Lane that "mommy is going to the bathroom." Lane raced me to the bathroom, lifted up the lid on his potty, and then sat down. Of course he still had his clothes on, but it was very cute! He sat there for awhile looking proud of himself :)
So....he's probably not ready yet, but it has sure got me thinking about it. This is one area where I am just about clueless...maybe our cat can help...she's litter trained!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

that's great he's showing interest-always a good sign! Ava started potty training at 17 months and did well. good luck!
ReplyDelete