-is in preschool 2 mornings a week, 8:00 - 11:15. He loves it there and has so much fun playing with Trenton and Miles.
-is SO close to being completely potty-trained (well, except at night). The end is in sight!
-talks all the time. He's getting easier to understand, but he doesn't always use the right sounds. And he's not even consistent in using the wrong sounds. For example, "Grandma" is pronounced "dah-ma" and "Bobcat" is pronounced "dahb-cat".
-loves harvest time. It's so funny how he switches which toys he plays with - spring and fall, tractors and combines. Winter - trains and mega blocks. Summer - construction toys.
-still prefers to wear t-shirts and sweatpants all the time. Occasionally I can get him to wear khakis. Very rarely, jeans.
-favorite foods are cookies, applesauce, chocolate milk, spaghetti and meatballs, and McDonald's chicken nuggets.
-likes to hear Daddy's silly songs about machinery.
-likes to pretend things (like the couch and the playground) are his ship and Katy is a sea creature.
-loves his little sister and is getting better about sharing with her.
-takes a nap 2-3 days out of a week. Loves his new quiet time boxes.
-figured out how to open the child lock on his door. "Mommy, you put this white thing on my door knob so I couldn't open it! But, I just stuck my fingers in the holes and the door opened and I walked out!"
-has a few favorite shows: Curious George, Calliou, and John Deere tractor videos.
-concentrates so hard when he's "working".
-for Christmas, he wants "a payloader with forks, a cherry picker, and a log trailer."
-says funny things: "I looked and looked and couldn't find it."
-"I need a little thing about 6 inches big." (Everything is 6 inches big to him!)
-"Let's just sell Katy to the Indians."
-In the car on the way to York: "Mommy, I have to pee!" I asked him to hold it until we got to Casey's house. Pause. "But I can't!! There's a buckle in the way!"
-still has favorite stuffed animals: Kitty, Little Deer, Snow Leopard, Bee, and Penguin.
-is entering more of a "daredevil" stage: swinging on the bars at the park, jumping off stuff, and just yesterday, riding down the hill on the "gator".
-LOVES my old Copycats of the King cassette...he talks about Growlbert and "Snoozer"
-is growing up so fast! It always amazes me how he will go to bed one night and then just wake up the next morning so much older!

No comments:
Post a Comment