Let me start by saying that Halloween is not my favorite time of year...I hate scary and creepy and ghosts and witches and all that stuff. But I just can't resist pumpkins, candy corn, cute little kids in costumes, candy, getting together with family, and more candy!
On Sunday, we gathered at the Farrall's...we made a trip into town to visit Curtis' grandma in the nursing home.
 |
| This was pretty much the best photo of the "group" picture! |
 |
| My puppy and horse! |
 |
| We just hung out, ate ice cream, and talked. |
Back on the farm, we decided to carve pumpkins before the brothers decided to shoot guns.
 |
| Branden had a huge pumpkin! |
 |
| Kaley, Brittany, Chad, and Grace |
 |
Lane looked forward to carving a pumpkin all week and was very
specific in his instructions to Curtis. |
 |
| Lane and his finished pumpkin! He had to tape the top shut :) |
 |
| My pumpkin says "welcome". |
 |
| Nice looking pumpkins! |
Lane and Kaley had lots fun playing together - it was nice for him to have a playmate! Katy got pretty tired since she had to skip her nap, but I think she had lots of fun too!
Last night we went to the Halloweenie Roast downtown (lots of people were there!) to eat hotdogs, chips, and lemonade. Casey, Blake, and Brooks joined us and then we went trick-or-treating. It was nice to just walk up and down our street.
Katy and Brooks caught on to trick-or-treating pretty quickly - Katy would get her candy and head right off to the next house.
All 3 kids walked almost the whole way...and all refused to let someone else carry their buckets of candy!
Brooks was just too cute in his lion costume...everyone commented on how cute the kids were. Now if only they were old enough to say "trick-or-treat" and avoid the initial awkwardness!
It was a fun couple of days, but I am mostly excited that Halloween is over, because that means it's almost Christmas!! Ok, so not quite yet, but now I feel that I can at least start planning. I refuse to decorate or listen to Christmas music until at least the week of Thanksgiving (gotta "respect the turkey" a little bit!) but at least that's only a few short weeks away! Now I'm off to hide the rest of the candy....
No comments:
Post a Comment