Monday, October 17, 2011

Helgoth's Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday I finally convinced Curtis to take the kids to a pumpkin patch.  MOPS (or GEM, as it is called now) normally goes to Helgoth's Pumpkin Patch each fall.  This year, it got moved to a day that Lane has preschool, so we aren't able to go with the group.  I knew that both Lane and Katy would have a blast, so we made the trip over there late yesterday afternoon.


The weather was nice, and since we didn't get there until about 4:15, it wasn't too crowded.  Lane remembered everything about the place as soon as we pulled into the parking lot.  One of the first stops was a giant slide.


Lane was a little nervous at first, but Curtis pushed him down and he loved it!  Katy loved sitting on our laps while we raced each other.


The goats, chickens, bunnies, and a large ark (complete with slides) caught the kids' attention for a little while.



Then...Lane discovered the coolest thing ever...a jumping pillow!!


It was a large, Blob-like thing surrounded by sand.  Lane ran from side to side and slid off the edge and jumped and jumped and ran some more.  He was crazy!



I let Katy bounce on it for a little bit.  She loved it, but I was so worried that she was going to get hurt by all the big kids jumping.  She cried a little when I made her get off, but she quickly amused herself by playing in the sand.


Then we were off on a wagon to the pumpkin patch!  We got stuck on one with a lot of weird people (I think they were all in the same family) and Curtis commented on how glad he was that they weren't his in-laws.  I agreed.

Lane and Curtis had to have a serious conversation about which pumpkin to get.  It was quite the decision!


Before we headed for home, we let Lane jump on the jumping pillow one more time.  As we got into the car, Lane said, "I'm tired.  I jumped too much."  He was a pretty worn out little boy!  Lane also thought that it would be a lot of fun to bring Blake, Casey, and Brooks next year.  He said, "Brooks might be a little scared, but he would have fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment