Friday, October 28, 2011

Random thoughts

As a woman, there are always a bunch of random thoughts running through my brain.  Mostly at night when I can't sleep.  And since Curtis isn't home much, Lane doesn't care, and Katy can't talk back yet, I don't always have a place to share them!  These are just things I think about or wonder about or that drive me crazy...some are more serious and some are just "hmmm...that's interesting".

-What color siding goes with reddish brick and a black door?  Not that the door is painted yet, but Curtis didn't like the idea of a turquoise door and I don't like any other color.  And not that we're anywhere near picking out siding colors.

-I really don't like talking on the phone.  I really wish that I did - it would make it a lot easier to keep in touch with friends - but I always feel awkward for some reason.

-Why is it that when kids are the most tired, that is when they sleep the least?

-I need to reorganize my Pinterest categories so they make more sense, but that looks like a lot of time for something that won't better my life that much.

-The new facebook format is annoying.

-The other day in Bible study, Beth Moore pointed out that God doesn't act on a whim (in other words, He has a plan for everything).  I have noticed that I have complete faith in God's timing and His plan for me.  Didn't get the ground we wanted to rent?  Trust in God.  House stuff?  Trust God.  Things not going how I planned?  Trust God.  It even trickles down to the little things - so I have to wait a few extra minutes in a checkout lane, but maybe it just kept me from being in an intersection when a guy runs a red light.  So am I just looking at this too simply?  Is it possible to put too much faith in "God will work it all out"?

-Why does everyone on House Hunters think that granite is a must in a kitchen?  I don't get it.

-I wish that all my friends could live close to me - high school friends, college friends, out-of-town friends.  It would be a lot of fun (and I miss everyone!).  Plus, then I wouldn't have to feel guilty about not talking on the phone with them!

-Regarding kids: how do you know when you're done?  I have zero desire to have another baby right now.  But will I regret it someday?  Or should I just realize that to preserve my sanity (and my sleep), I should stop at two?  At least my kids will be growing up with their cousins...so it's not like holidays will be completely boring someday.  Right?

-I am really annoyed with Initials, Inc. right now.  They are growing super fast -a good thing - so a lot of the products are sold out (as in won't be coming back, ever).  I have a few "holiday fairs" coming up and I just know that people are going to want to buy those products!

-I really really like old houses.  I want to live in one, but I don't want to renovate one.  (And Curtis has no desire to live in one). There's a few houses in town that I would love to walk through, just to see what it looks like inside.

-I kinda want a smart phone.  I'm not sure I would use it to it's full potential and I also think it's ridiculous to pay an extra $60 a month for one (cuz if I got one, Curtis would want one too!).

-I was doing some letter stuff with Lane the other day - asking him what letter people's names start with.  It got kinda boring once I realized the names in our families: Brent, Brent, Bret, Blake, Brooks, Christi, Chad, Casey, Curtis, Cody.  The only ones that don't start with a B or a C are Rachelle and Laura.

Well....that's all...my brain is empty now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment