Wednesday, October 12, 2011

You know those inside jokes...

....and things that were funny only to those who were there?  The kind of things that make you laugh and laugh and then you completely forget them.  And then...months or years later it pops into your mind and you start laughing again.

Last night our friend Tim (can you believe we've been friends for 12 years? Crazy.) came over and we chatted about funny things that have happened over the years.  It can be so fun to relive old memories (the good ones at least)!
Tim & Curtis working on our Louisville house.
As I was falling asleep last night I started thinking of more funny things (that are probably only funny to me and/or the few people who were there) and I realized that when I am old and gray I won't remember any of them.  So I thought I'd share a few of them....and if any of you reading these were there...feel free to add your own memories :)

- Got milk?
- At least we know Kandyce keeps her socks on...
- Little old ladies, hammers under our seats, and leaning trucks on the way to GI.

Me and Emily...not in 2005...more like 2007.
- "I was a firefighter once."
- "Seriously, do people in Kansas only go to the bathroom one day a year and today is the day!??!"
- "We'll wait."
- Messy

Me and Sara
- popcorn and salsa.
- "Get out, get out!  Oh, get in, get in!"
- watching for BTK whenever we went to Wichita.

Me, Casey, and Tori in Amsterdam.
- "Lose your inhibitions and squeeze."
- As long as it doesn't cost money and it's quick...
- "Do you have penguins here?"

Tabor girls in Omaha summer 2007

- Yellow and synchronized pizza eating.
- "This is the best water ever!"
- Smart drinks
- Softball for the blind
- "Do you have a little moose?"  "No, but I have some gel."
- "I like mine, you guys!"

Zack, Curtis, and Lane
- "I hope that was a tree."
- That time we were driving down the highway on the iciest night of the year and our bathtub flew out of the pickup.
- Watching Tim kayak.
- Driving around Omaha, in the snow, on New Year's Eve with Curtis and Tim.
Curtis and I in Miami
- Trying to walk through a glass screen door during the softball spring break trip.
- "Why does it always do that?"
- "How does a Deeb tie his shoe?"
- "What's green and heavy and if it falls out of a tree it'll kill you?"
- "What, was it too heavy?"
- "That milkshake made my mouth feel funny way back here..."
- One size fits most.

I'll admit, I cheated and had to get my senior book out....that brought back a LOT of memories and I didn't even put half of them in here.  It's even getting hard to remember things from college and our early years of marriage!

If you're still reading, thanks for letting me reminisce!

No comments:

Post a Comment