The weather forecast said that we were supposed to get snow this weekend. I didn't really believe it. At 4:00 this morning Whiskey started meowing to come inside. I grudingly got out of bed so she wouldn't wake Lane up....and it was snowing! Crazy, since it's only October 10. I actually feel like I should have Christmas decorations up instead of my fall decorations! (Oh, and I never did fall back asleep after Whiskey got me up so I'm just a little tired today!)
Lane kept looking out the window at the snow, so I thought, why not? Might as well make use of his snowsuit and coat that he will probably grow out of! He was very patient while I bundled him up. He ended up looking like Randy from A Christmas Story - he was scared to move!
Once we got outside he was kind of excited. It took him a little bit before he felt comfortable, but when he saw his truck, he had to go play with it.



He had to wear his mittens from last year which are just little tubes (no spot for a thumb). Good thing he's had so much practice wearing socks on his hands! :)

In the picture above, he finally decided to walk around on his own. His boots are a size too big, but he managed to toddle around. We stayed outside for just about 15 minutes before Lane decided it was a little cold. It was fun! I wasn't expecting to play in the snow on October 10, but we both had a good time! It's already melted a bunch so that's nice :)
that IS crazy that it snowed already! I'm guessing Walmart was selling shovels & snowpants like mad!
ReplyDelete