Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

On Sunday, Chad and Grace wanted to go to a pumpkin patch. We said we'd go along...well...since it was only about 40 degrees that day, it didn't sound like much fun! So, they got a few pumpkins and came to our house for a pumpkin-carving party. Jerry, Renita, and Brent were there too, but I don't have any pictures of them!

I hadn't carved a pumpkin in many many years. I'm not a big fan of Halloween, but I LOVE fall stuff. And pumpkins pretty much say fall to me! Since Chad and Grace had picked out a book of carving patterns, I chose one with a kitty on it. Not too Halloween-y, and I convinced Curtis to do the other cat in the book. It was really fun! Kinda a mess, but fun! Everyone's turned out pretty good. Mine was an "easy" pattern while everyone else had a "hard" pattern. I guess that's why mine looks like Lane did it ;) Oh, and Lane was sleeping during all this, so he didn't get in on the fun!


When we lit them, we had to put them downstairs where it was dark enough. Looked pretty cool though!!
In order: Curtis, Grace, mine, Chad










No comments:

Post a Comment