Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New items in my Etsy shop!

If you haven't visited Etsy yet, you really should! It's a website with a collection of "shops" where people sell their handmade goods. There is seriously anything you could ever want. I love looking through the jewelry and bags. Since I just love bags and purses (I have 5 diaper bags!) I decided I really needed to learn to make them before I went broke. I used to do some sewing back in jr. high/high school (mostly quilts and little stuffed mice) and when Mom gave me her old sewing machine, I discovered that I still like sewing! I made a cute little purse as a practice item and it turned out pretty good so I moved on to other bags!

So far I've only had scrapbooks in my Etsy shop...but I've just added bags! I call these "Anything Bag" because they really can be used for anything! I've been using mine as a diaper bag since a sippy cup fits great in the handles. For those of you who like big purses, the bag is roomy but not huge. I've also used mine for hauling Lane's library books around (he likes alot of books!). The handles tie at the top, so if you untie the strap, you can tie each one to the side of your stroller handles. I guess they'd even work to tie onto a wheelchair or walker!


I saw purses like these at a craft show, but I didn't want to pay $87 for one! I decided to make my own. Mine is the brown corduroy one and I made the other one for a friend. They are about 15" wide, 10" tall, and 5" deep. I put little ties on the side to kinda pull the sides in a little bit. Pretty cute! I don't have any of these in my shop yet, but hopefully soon!




Finally, I also made a couple of receiving blankets! These are made of flannel with a ragged edge. It's sooo soft and the edges will only get more frayed/worn-looking over time.


So I guess what I'm saying is....visit my Etsy shop and tell your friends!! Oh, and Christmas is coming :) Here's my website address: www.cuddlelane.etsy.com or you can simply click on the orange Etsy button on the top of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment