
Candles are all the rage - at least in our house, anyway! Lane has really taken a liking to having candles lit all.the.time. While he's eating breakfast, he's pointing to the candle on the table and twisting around to see the candle in the family room. As soon as I let him down, he runs to the drawer where I keep the lighter and begs for me to light the candles. He loves to look at the flame! He must think it looks "homier" with candles lit :) It's also hard to go to a store with candles - he insists on smelling them! When we leave the house, we go around to blow out the candles. As soon as we get home - "uh, uh" and pointing to candles. I think I know what I will be asking for for Christmas :)
Lane has also started nodding. It's the cutest thing ever! Since he's not really talking yet, I'm just glad that he can communicate in some way! When I ask him something like, "Do you want me to light the candle?", he'll nod his little head up and down. Then I say, "Can you say please?" His little hand rubs his belly so hard! (That's "please" in sign language - actually he's supposed to rub circles on his chest, but he hasn't quite gotten that yet!) It's so cute watching him!

No comments:
Post a Comment