Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Life during harvest

It's FINALLY harvest time around here. Well, almost. We've only been in a couple of fields since the corn is still pretty wet. And of course, it rained 1/2 an inch last night. Not really what we need during harvest!

Lane is completely in love with any big machines. Now that he actually realizes what a combine is, he has so much fun riding in one! For the first 10 minutes or so, he sits so quietly on my lap just taking everything in. After that, he wants to stand in front of the window to watch the corn go in the header. It's so cute!

Curtis gets to drive the combine every once in awhile, and that's when we hurry out to the field to ride with him! Lane thinks it'd be really fun to sit on his lap and play with the controls, but that's not going to happen :)



This past Saturday, Chad and Grace were out. For awhile they just rode with everyone, but then Dad put Chad to work driving auger wagon.


Lunch time! Well, we call it lunch, but it's actually supper. It was kinda cold and windy, so Lane had to sit in the back of the 4Runner to eat his quesadilla. He wasn't satisfied with the bites I cut up for him - he wanted to eat the whole thing!


Yummy skillet enchiladas....


Chad and Grace even stayed for supper...



I really hope that the weather warms up so we can spend more time out in the field! It's fun to go out to eat with everyone, but if this wind keeps up, we might not go as often. I know Lane likes to see Curtis and during harvest that's the only time he sees him. Plus I really enjoy not having to cook ;) but I'm sure Mom will have me bring lunch out sometime! Yikes!






No comments:

Post a Comment