Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

One of my favorite meetings to go to are MOPS meetings. We meet once a month at the Stockham church...it usually consists of food, talking, a speaker, and some type of activity (usually like a craft or something). Then one other day a month, they plan an activity where we "go somewhere". This month we went to Helgoth's Pumpkin Patch. I was really looking forward to it, but it turned out to be such a yucky yucky day! It was rainy and cold. I met my friend Denae at her house close to Phillips and we took off. After waiting for 45 minutes at Helgoth's, only 2 other MOPS moms showed up! That was kind of disappointing, but I understand since it was not a nice day. We still had fun though! Lane was very tired so he got a little crabby at times, but I think he had a great time.

We rode a hay wagon out to the pumpkin patch to pick our pumpkins. Lane found his right away!

I really would like to go back there on a nice day - there were soooo many things to do! Lots of slides, a corn maze, pony rides, play structures, "train" rides, smore's, a corn sandbox, and miniature golf! We didn't do half of that since it was pretty muddy, but we still had fun running around. Denae has a daughter, Micole, who is only 3 weeks older than Lane, so they had lots of fun playing together.

Lane had the most fun playing in this Noah's Ark. It was just his size, and he was running all over, laughing and screaming. He loved to peek through the windows and grin while I took his picture!





He thought the goats were pretty neat!


Luckily, they had a building with a wood burning stove to eat lunch in! Lunch consisted of a hot dog, chips, pop, and smores. Lane did great just sitting on a chair and eating his lunch. In this picture, he thought he was pretty cool with a chip stuck to his finger. Yum!



After we ate, it was almost time to leave since it was getting close to naptime. But we couldn't resist a train ride! Lane loved sitting and steering and it lasted nowhere near long enough for him. I think that Grandma needs to get a car to pull behind her lawnmower! That'd really be fun!






All tuckered out on the ride home! Unfortunately, he woke up once we got to Denae's house and then wouldn't take a nap the rest of the day. Made for a verrrrry long, crabby afternoon. At least we had good memories from the morning!



We also went to a pumpkin patch in Sutton with our friends Kara and Braden. Lane always gets so excited when I tell him we're going anywhere with Braden and this was no exception! I thought the patch would be more like Helgoth's or at the very least we would be able to pick our own pumpkin. Instead it was more like a store. We did have fun since the boys could run around outside and look (and touch) all the pumpkins. And there was a kitty, so that was fun too! It was a sunny day so I could've gotten some cute pictures, but I forgot my camera!! Crazy me! I need to just have it attached to me at all times. Maybe someday I'll learn :)







No comments:

Post a Comment