Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving weekend was a busy time this year!  Curtis and I decided that we are going to alternate spending holidays with each side of the family - so on Thanksgiving Day we went to the Farrall celebration at Jack and DeLoris' house in Lincoln.

I ended up forgetting my camera card at home, so I didn't get any pictures from Thursday.  Just picture all the Farralls eating turkey, potatoes, vegetables, and pumpkin desserts (oh, yes, and wine! haha...).  After lunch it was time for watching football, browsing the Black Friday ads, and catching up with each other.  We stayed there until about 6:00, then headed home (and were disappointed that McDonald's was the only restaurant open!).

First thing Friday morning, we headed to Buhler.  After 5 stops for a little boy to go to the bathroom, we finally made it to Grandma's in time for turkey dinner.




On the menu was turkey, raisin bread pudding, creamy corn, mashed potatoes, cranberry jello, zwiebach, and  pumpkin pie and pecan pie for dessert.

The traditional "picture of the table"


We were all glad that Grandpa is home now and could take part in all the festivities!


The rest of the time in Buhler was spent playing with Legos, playing Angry Birds and Bubble Popper on the Nook, and just hanging out.  It was a nice day, so we threw a football around the backyard while Lane dug in the dirt.  I was very happy when Katy took a 2 hour nap without a fuss!



We took a walk right before supper...after supper, we got the kids to bed and spent the rest of the evening playing Farkle.  Dad entertained us by showing how Deebs play Farkle!  I was pretty confident in my ability to win the game, but somehow ended up almost in last place - Bruce and Laura just had too much luck!

Saturday was the big Jost reunion in Hillsboro.  It's always kind of fun to go back to Hillsboro and reminisce about old times!

There were quite a few people at the reunion - I probably knew (or had at least seen before) about half of them.  After another turkey dinner (including sweet potatoes that were so good, Curtis thought he was eating dessert), it was a time for pictures and sharing stories.


The family - my Grandpa and Uncle Dean are the only siblings left of the five siblings {sitting beside them are Nellie (Norton's wife) and Rosella (Marvin's wife)}.  The rest of the family are all the 1st cousins.  I was surprised at the wide age range!  I knew that Dean was 20 years younger than the oldest brother, but it's crazy to see it in person :)


Lane and Katy survived - they were pretty tired and kind of bored, but Laura was really good about playing Mega Bloks with them and they raided Mom's purse for fruit snacks a few times.

The story time was entertaining - lots of stories I hadn't heard before and some I had.  It was also fun to look through all the old pictures that everyone brought!

Curtis and Grandpa Jost

1st cousins and 2nd cousins
We had a fun weekend - but I'm glad that we're home now!  It's taken the kids a few days to rest up.  Now that Thanksgiving is over, Lane is really excited about Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment