Looking for a book to read this summer while your kids are playing in the pool? I found that My Stubborn Heart, Becky Wade's first novel, was the perfect summertime read. From the beginning, I knew where the story was headed and how it would end up; however, I didn't know how the characters would get there.
Kate decided to take a break from regular life in Dallas and travel to the small town of Redbud, Pennsylvania with her grandma. Gran still owns an old family estate in Redbud and enlisted Kate to help her renovate it. Of course, the contractor working on the home is Matt Jarreau, famous ex-hockey player and very good-looking. Through twists and turns, Kate and Matt learn more about each other and their relationships with God. But can Kate help Matt and his wounded heart without getting hurt in the process?
I loved this book - the characters were funny and charming, and the "old house" setting was a good sub-plot. It was a little odd that over half of the main characters were over 65 years old, but I didn't find that it affected the tone of the story. The story was deep enough to keep me interested, but easy enough that I could read it while keeping an eye on my kids. It was a story of how God's timing is always perfect - something that most of us need to remember - even if we don't understand how He can work it out.
Thank you to Bethany House Publishers for providing me with a copy of this book free of charge. All opinions are my own and I was not required to give a positive review.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment