Dinosaur camp looked a little different this past week, but the kids still had lots of fun! Casey planned to bring Brooks over to my house for everything, but then we found out that some important work was to be done on the farm. A crane was coming to move a small bin! Lane couldn't miss that...so we moved dinosaur camp to my mom's house.
First, we read some dino books:
Usborne Discovery Dinosaurs by Rachel Firth
Really Big Dinosaurs & Other Giants and Flying Giants, both by Monica Hughes
Dinosaur Babies by Leonie Bennett
Our craft was making dinosaur fossils! I stirred up a batch of salt dough, then we pressed toy dinosaurs into the dough to make indentations. Lane and Brooks had fun coming up with different ideas! We did the whole dinosaurs at first, but then got more creative and did just the feet or just the tail.
While the craft was baking, Casey fed Keely while the rest of us went outside to see the crane. (I tried to tie this into dinosaurs by pointing out that some dinos were as tall as the crane, but I'm not sure the kids cared!)
Next up was snack time! Casey made jello "dinosaur eggs" (yum!!) and we ate them with pretzel "dinosaur bones".
By this time the kids just wanted to play, so we put in a dinosaur video (National Geographic's Dinosaurs and other Creature Features) and let them play with the toy dinosaurs.
At home, I made a lunch consisting of cheese sandwiches in the shape of dinosaurs, hard-boiled "dinosaur" eggs, Puffcorn "dino bones", and "prehistoric rocks" (peas and carrots).
We planned on taking all the kids to the Dinosaur Museum in Milford. I called them a couple of days ahead of time to make sure they would be open...but when we got there at about 3:30 on Saturday...they were closed. I had one unhappy little boy!! I quickly remembered that I had heard about a place in Lincoln called "Lost in Fun". Casey looked it up and luckily it was open. I think by the time we walked in the door, Lane had forgotten about the dinosaurs!
![]() |
| Brooks is in there somewhere! |
Lane had a blast running around to all the exhibits! Katy was a little more reserved, but she definitely had fun. I knew she liked it when she abandoned the swings for something else!
Lane was way more adventurous than I thought he would be! This inflatable slide was actually pretty big, but he went down it with no hesitation! He also loved the "space pit" filled with foam. He's asked to go back several times already!
Although dino camp didn't turn out quite like I wanted, the kids still had fun...and we've been talking and playing dinosaurs all week :)











No comments:
Post a Comment