Monday, December 12, 2011

Gingerbread House FAIL

Last year Lane had a great time decorating gingerbread houses, so he has been begging to do it again this year.  I had big plans to have his aunts and uncles over to have a party, but - 1.  I couldn't find the boxes of little gingerbread houses.  2. I have a horrible cold and 3.  It started to sound like a lot of work :)

So Lane and I finally found a gingerbread kit while browsing Joann's the other night.  Lane couldn't wait - so last night we after supper we all sat down to have fun.


Lane was so excited!!  Katy was excited too - look at all the candy!!  I was just trying to get the frosting to work right.  And Curtis was not excited at all.


Katy saw Brooks doing "Touchdown!" a few weeks ago....and now she does it!  Candy in the mouth = touchdown!



We finally got it all put together - Lane did a great job decorating ;)  I squirted lots and lots of icing on it in an attempt to get it to stick together.

It didn't work.  Soon, the roof slid off.


Lane thought that was wonderful - he started licking it. We decided that it could just be a stable and it would still look ok.  We were still commenting on how Baby Jesus was born in a stable, when...


...the entire thing fell to pieces.  This is Lane's attempt at a sad face, but he and I were both laughing pretty hard.  Luckily, he wasn't heartbroken...just ecstatic that he now gets to eat his weight in candy and frosting.

Yep...gingerbread house FAIL.

1 comment: