Monday, December 5, 2011

Farrall Christmas

Yesterday we hosted Curtis' side of the family for Christmas.  It's always tough to find a day that works for everyone - this year it actually worked out in December!  Once everyone arrived (I guess the roads weren't too good yet yesterday morning!), we gathered everyone around the tree and opened presents.  It's pretty much a madhouse with seven kids!




Katy was pretty sure this bottle wasn't for a dolly!
Katy got 3 dolls (she better like them now!), a duck pillow pet, a tent, a make-your-own bear, an echo microphone, and a book.  Lane opened a toy gun, a tent, a Trio diver toy, a Calliou computer game, Ants in the Pail game, an inflatable r/c truck, and a log trailer.

Lane has wanted a log trailer for ages, and once again, Uncle Chad delivered.  It's so nice to have that creativity in the family!

Opening the last present (Daddy looks pretty surprised!)

The trailer has a hook to lift the logs up - Curtis cut several wooden logs for him too!
Dinner was a ham with several sides...I think the hit of the meal was the cinnamon butter Christi made for the rolls!  I was so stuffed by the end of the day - sooo many yummy snacks and meals!  Good thing Christmas only comes once a year :)

After lunch, the kids went outside to burn off some energy.  Katy got to out for a little bit before nap time - she loved riding on the sled!  It was pretty cute to see her sit so straight with her arms straight out so she wouldn't fall off!



Lane and Kaylee had fun playing together - especially playing out in the snow!  Our yard is perfect for 3-year-olds to sled in - the gradual hills are not too fast!

While Katy took an almost-3-hour nap, I cleaned up the kitchen and then convinced everyone it was time to play a game.  Laura gave me Scribblish last year for Christmas.  I had never heard of it at the time and everyone is skeptical when I try to explain it, but it is seriously the funniest game ever.  It's kinda like the game telephone, but you have to draw pictures in there too.  We laughed sooo hard (and Curtis and I even cracked up over drawings from last year when we played with my family!).


It was a really fun day!  I'm glad that the weather cooperated so everyone could be there!  Both kids (and me!) went to bed early and slept all night.  Well, I didn't sleep all night - I was too busy thinking of a new craft project to do :)

Katy was especially happy when Lane went to preschool this morning - that meant she was able to play with all his new toys without interruption!

No comments:

Post a Comment