Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pinterest love

I LOVE Pinterest.  I could spend hours upon hours just browsing the website.  I can definitely relate to the quote I saw: "Thank you, Pinterest, for helping me feel crafty even though I just spent 3 hours staring at the computer".

After all, where else can you find (in one place) ideas for your home:

{source}
your food:

{source}
 and your kids:

{source}
 But - sitting and looking at pretty pictures (while fun) doesn't decorate my house or feed my family.  So, here are two things I have done in the past couple weeks using ideas from Pinterest:


Melted crayon art was really fun and surprisingly relaxing.  It's now hanging the kids' playroom.  It's simply crayons hot-glued to a blank canvas and then melted with a blow dryer.

I saw this coffee table and realized that Mom had one almost exactly like it sitting in her basement.  After stenciling it and painting it a cheery yellow, it no longer screams 1970s.  Or maybe it does and I actually like the 1970s?? :)

I'm trying to challenge myself to do at least one thing I found on Pinterest every week, whether it is a craft, diy home project or simply a new recipe.  Now...off to Pinterest to find what I should do this week....

P.S. If anyone needs an invite to Pinterest, let me know and I'll send you one!

No comments:

Post a Comment