Honestly, what parent doesn't want their kid(s) to have everything they want? It's fun to see their little faces light up with a new toy, a candy bar, a pet, whatever. Of course, no parent (at least the ones I know) gives their kid everything they want - but it would be fun! (If Lane got everything he wanted, we'd have a house full of giant construction equipment and would eat nothing but candy corn and kit kats.)
But...why is it that when you think the kids are going to love something...it doesn't work out the way you planned.
We have had this Power Wheels motorcycle sitting in our garage since Curtis found it in his parent's shop. It didn't work, but after buying a small part for it, Curtis got it running. We figured Lane would LOVE to drive it around (Katy already liked sitting on it any chance she got!).
I've been thinking about getting Katy a Cozy Coupe car (you know, the big ones that go outside) for Christmas. When I saw that our neighbors a few blocks away had one for FREE out on the curb...I figured I might as well snatch it up (well, after seeing it there for a few days and deciding that since no one else wanted it, why not?). It was pretty dirty and worn out, but after a good washing, it's not too bad. Bring on the fun!
As it turns out - Cozy Coupe had to be stored on top of the garbage can due to all the fighting/screaming matches over who got to ride him. Lane freaked out when the motorcycle started to move and refused to get back on.
So much for the fun times I envisioned!
ETA: Lane did eventually get on the motorcycle when we put it on the bike path. He loves it now. And Lane has learned to leave Katy alone if she's any where near Cozy Coupe. Apparently, it is HER car and she DOES NOT want to share it, but she will happily spend a half hour sitting in it and playing the music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment