Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Crafts for preschoolers

First of all, I can't believe that Lane is a preschooler!  I almost titled this post "Crafts for Toddlers"...then I realized that Lane is no longer a toddler.  Crazy!

Anyway, we've kinda been neglecting craft time in this house.  We've been so busy with preschool, GEM, and Bible Study that it's been hard to find time to do crafts. The past couple days, I've made more of an effort to make something with Lane.

In honor of the leaves changing color, we made a cute "tree with falling leaves":

It's simply cardstock cut up into tiny little pieces (leaves) and put in a ziploc bag.  We then cut out trees and sky and sun to staple around it.


Then Lane got to shake it up and watch the leaves fall.  He had a lot of fun cutting everything!

Today he helped me make "building sticks".  We took a bunch of jumbo craft sticks and stuck velcro circles on them.
They can be connected to form letters, shapes, houses, roads, whatever.  Both kids really liked playing with them - Lane would build something and then Katy would tear it apart.

At least they are playing together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment