It's no secret that I am sleep-deprived. I complain about it any chance I get. Neither of my kids are the greatest sleepers - Lane didn't sleep through the night until 11.5 months, and Katy is just now getting consistent. She's doing much better, and if she does wake up, it's normally around 5:30-6 for some milk, then she'll go back to sleep until 7 - 7:30.
I also just can't sleep when I am pregnant - of course I was up once or twice for the bathroom, plus, if I would wake up in the middle of the night, I would be awake for at least 2 hours before falling back asleep. That happened almost every night without fail when I was pregnant with Katy. Miserable.
Even when the kids do sleep through the night, I often find myself waking up. I'm never awake for 2 hours anymore, but sometimes it will be more than 30 minutes. And sometimes I will just wake up briefly, check the time, roll over, and fall back asleep.
The past two nights - I have not woken up AT ALL! Amazing. I honestly can't remember the last time I wasn't awake during the night. I'm assuming it was prior to August 2007 (which is when I got pregnant with Lane).
After almost 4 years of sleep-deprivation...I hope this is a new trend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment