Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer fun

It's been hot the last couple of days!!  I love it.  Water tables, pools, working in the garden, walks, and just generally being outside.  Lane and Katy love it too...and I especially love that we have a place for them to play now.  We spent lots of time out on our patio (or at least we did until Lane got covered in mosquito bites the other day.  Yuck!

Casey and Brooks came over one afternoon to play - all 3 kids played with the water table for awhile.  They got soaked and then went to the sandbox.  Quite messy! 



Lane and Katy love sitting on the steps and watching everything - birds, bunnies, the trees, whatever. Yes, we had two bunnies at our house.  Until the first night Whisky stayed here.  She caught and chewed one in half.  And a bird.  Guess she has to show her power to the other animals!

He was holding her hand so she wouldn't fall.  So cute!
I got our little pool out the other day.  It was just a little too chilly yet, and the water didn't warm up nicely like it should have.  Katy didn't last too long, but Lane had a blast splashing around and pretending to fish.  I wish I could've gotten a picture of him "fishing" but a wet baby on my lap and a camera don't mix ;)



This past week has been one of the most trying weeks in several months.  I was trying to get unpacked and settled in.  Katy was teething and had to be within arms reach (or better yet, on my lap) at all times.  Lane was absolutely exhausted but just would.not.sleep.  Drove me insane!  I think we're all feeling a little less crazed this week - the kids are getting used to the new house, Katy has 3 new teeth, and Mommy can finally find (almost) everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment