I finally took updated pictures of our house the other day so that I could show my Grandma Reimer....and I'm just now getting around to blogging about them :) I've been waiting to blog about this until I my house was cleaned up enough to make the pictures look good. Well, it's never clean, so I just took them anyway! So, here's a little tour! We are so far from being done. Some days I wish that I could just wave a little magic wand and have it all done. But the re-doing is the fun part, right?
Master bedroom - We painted it the same green as in the family room at our old house. We're actually going to repaint sometime...the paint didn't get completely mixed, so the corner (and another little spot on the wall) is darker. We also realized that we are sick of the color and of the camo bedspread. So once I figure out what I want instead, we'll change it. We have a new ceiling fan to put up that will hopefully brighten the room up!
Lane's room - We painted to match his bedspread - Milkweed Pod, Blue Bonnet, and La Terra (all the paint is from Ace Hardware). I haven't figured out what to decorate with yet...I wish that I had gotten all the accessories to match his bedspread when Target had everything!
Katy's room - I love the colors in her room! Girl colors without being too "girly". I was going to stencil some designs in blue on the green wall, but I decided against that and will instead put up her name and some other decorations. The dresser and nightstand are actually mine from when I was little...it's fun to be able to use them and I think they work pretty good with the color! I am going to find some new curtains...the maroon doesn't really go, but I was desperate for a dark room and that's all we had. I haven't quite decided what color...maybe a blue? I'm worried that white curtains will look goofy with the dresser, and cream curtains will just look dirty.
Dining room - I am really liking how this room is turning out. I love the chandelier. It really surprises me how much the right light fixture can change a room. I need to figure out what to put on the walls and hopefully we will be putting in french doors later this summer. The walls are Venice Beach (a light blue color).
Living room - Since we haven't gotten our family room (in the lower level) done yet, this is where we spend most of our time. The walls are Venice Beach and Crystal Lake - the Crystal Lake is slightly lighter than Venice Beach. It's amazing how much the colors change in different light. I had a really hard time taking photos in these rooms...the lighting just wasn't right. So they don't do the house justice! New carpeting in here and all the bedrooms really made a difference in the "feel" of the house. Eventually most of the toys in here will be moved to the family room and we'll get different furniture (I'm getting tired of all our hand-me-downs!).
The most noticable change has been the cut-outs in the living room/kitchen walls. It really opened up the space and it feels so much bigger! I love being able to keep an eye on the kids while I'm in the kitchen. All the grey is Whale Grey and it is the perfect grey :)
I actually should go take new pictures since I've done alot of cleaning up and moving stuff around since I took these ;) But maybe some other day...we still have a lot of work left to do, especially with all the "little" stuff like trim, outlet covers, closet doors, etc. It seems to take forever!
We're working on the kitchen really hard this week so hopefully next week I can show a more completed picture of it. Master bathroom is almost (like I just need to find one little thing for it) done and I'll post pics of that too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment