1. Engagement/wedding ring - Shouldn't this be every married girls' number one? I still love to put it on in the mornings and remember how it felt to first get engaged, and then get married. I picked both of the rings out myself and I still love each one! It's funny how naked I feel when I don't wear it...which has happened more often lately now that it seems to give me a rash on my finger...so if you ever see me not wearing them, my finger is probably really itchy!
2. North Face sandals - I have had these sandals for at least 6 years now (I can't remember if I got them before or after we were married). They seemed pretty expensive at the time, like $60, but I seriously wear them every day in the summer. They are super comfortable and are easy to walk/run around in. I once had a "friend" call them ugly....who cares when they are comfortable! I keep meaning to buy a new pair every summer, but every summer I just don't find any that compare!
3. Nook Color - How did I ever live without this?? I use it for at least an hour a day. For the longest time I thought e-readers were ridiculous...who wants to read on a screen? But then Curtis brought up getting me one for Christmas. I said no...until after Christmas when I started doing more research. I looked at the Kindle, Nook Classic, and Nook Color. I pretty much convinced myself I had to have one when I realized that I could borrow library books on the Nooks (and I had Christmas money!). I decided on the Nook Classic until we went to Barnes and Noble. Curtis started playing with the Nook Color and thought I should just get that one. Ok! I have about 75 books on it so far, and I've only paid for about 10. The rest have been free! I also love that I can surf the web, play games, and listen to Pandora radio on it. I also bought a "rooted" sd card that essentially turns it into an Android tablet. Now I understand all the fuss about Angry Birds ;)
4. Bags - I love bags and I love getting new bags! I seriously don't understand how someone can carry the same purse or diaper bag for years :) The five hanging here are the ones that I am "currently" using. I finally limited myself to two diaper bags at once - a small one for quick errands and a larger one that is always packed. I just switch out my big ones every once in a while. And I'm pretty proud of myself - I haven't bought any diaper bags since Katelyn was born!
5. Ice cream - I have a thing for ice cream :) In high school, I ate it every afternoon for a snack unless I had volleyball or softball practice. I craved it ALOT when I was pregnant with Lane (the runners at work got used to being sent to Maggie Moo's for a peanut butter, chocolate, and marshmallow shake!). Of course, homemade ice cream with hot fudge, strawberries, and Club crackers is the best. I've really cut down on my ice cream consumption, so I only have it in the house every once in awhile. But to take this picture, I just had to have a big bowl of cookie dough ice cream for a snack!

No comments:
Post a Comment