Monday, April 25, 2011

I can't believe he's almost 3!

Lane was born at a horrible time of year (April 29).  It is always in the middle of planting. That makes it really tough to celebrate with family.  What made it even tougher this year is that Brooks will turn a year old on May 3!  So we're celebrating his birthday next Sunday.  I decided that we may as well celebrate Lane's birthday last night instead of trying to squeeze it in some other time!

He was excited about all of his presents: a wheelbarrow full of garden tools, books, tub crayons, and a Thomas laptop.  The little ones really like the Thomas laptop too - Brooks didn't want Lane to have it!

We gave Lane a bike (at least Curious George wears a helmet, so it was easy to convince him that a helmet is a must!).  He caught on pretty quickly - he just needs to grow about 1/2 an inch and he'll be moving fast!

I had planned on having a Curious George-themed party, but nowhere in Grand Island had the stuff!  We had to settle for Thomas the Tank Engine...and I had to quickly think up a new cake.  This is the result of not much planning and having to make it at 9:30 Saturday night...


Not quite what I had envisioned, but Lane loved it!  Especially the chickens on top of the tunnel :)

He thought the cake itself was "tasty. Thanks mom!" Glad I could make you happy, buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment