Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy 3rd birthday, Lane!

So hard to believe that in three years, we have gone from this:


to this:

Three seems so grown up!  After all, in less than three years he will be heading off to kindergarten.  Of course, by then, I'll have another three-year-old in the house :)

At three years old, Lane-

-talks almost non-stop.  And I think that half of those sentences are "Thanks, Mom!".  He'll say that most often when I give him something, but now he's started saying it at random times!  At least he is polite!
-is all-boy.  I cannot wait for nicer weather - the boy needs to be running around outside!
-is a HUGE Curious George fan.  Seriously, everything in our house revolves around Curious George.  And if we cannot copy exactly what George did on TV this morning, there is a huge fit.
-tells the cutest stories: the other day, he was playing outside while I fed Katy inside.  When I went to get him, I couldn't find him.  I called for him until finally he came from the backyard.  I asked him what he was doing.  His reply: "Hmmm...me and Whisky.  Hide and seek.  I count, Whisky hide."
-is almost potty-trained!  He actually went #2 in the toilet yesterday!  And after he looked...he said..."oh!  Snakes!  Two snakes!" ;)
-loves to fix things.  He keeps stealing Curtis' tools to "work" on stuff.  Give the boy a hammer and a measuring tape and he'll be content all day.
-takes a nap about 40% of the time.  He is kinda in that weird phase where he still needs a nap, but it's hard to fall asleep.  He does do a really good job at having an hour of quiet time in his room when he doesn't nap.
-still has Kitty as his comfort object...she's getting a little worn and I had to stitch up her tail, but she's still Lane's best friend!
-steals food off of Curtis' plate any chance he gets - and laughs everytime.
-could spend hours in his sandbox.
-is 34 lbs and 39.5 inches tall.

I've been trying to make his birthday "special" for him, even though we celebrated on Sunday so he doesn't have any presents or cake today.  So, I've been making his snacks and meals fun (and letting him have too much candy!).  We've been eating "bugs" all day.  And he loves it!



No comments:

Post a Comment