Monday, December 28, 2009

What a weekend!

After we opened gifts at home Christmas morning, we were lazy and just sat around watching Lane's new video and playing with toys. Then my dad called and asked when we were coming over since he was going to send a tractor to lead the way! I guess their road is always terrible and has huge snowdrifts by a couple of houses. So, off we went. We only ran into one problem on the way (a car parked sideways on the highway at the end of our road. We scared them a little.) to my parents' road. Bret was waiting for us...


It took probably 20 minutes to go two miles. Luckily, Lane had a snack and was very happy watching the tractor!







Yay for Bret for getting us to Christmas! My grandparents were supposed to come too, my dad even went to Henderson to pick them up. The street to their house was completely blocked by a drift! Dad said a couple of pickups were stuck and he wasn't even going to attempt it. It was too bad that they had to spend Christmas by themselves!
When we arrived, we were all in the Christmas spirit. Casey and Blake had arrived the night before and it was fun to spend some time catching up with them. My mom made a very yummy dinner - verenika, ham, green beans, bread, and cranberry jello. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't eat more. I had a bit of the flu earlier in the week and for some reason this pregnancy makes most food sound kinda gross. I'm constantly hungry but not much agrees with me!
After lunch we all took naps and watched movies. We had to wait for Lane to wake up before we could open presents, and he took a LONG nap...almost 3 hours!


To entertain themselves, Bret and Blake play a game where they try to hit each other with balls. Here is Bret playing by himself....


Lane was so excited to finally be able to open presents and he wasn't very happy when he had to wait while Grandpa read a passage from the Bible! Actually, he wasn't very happy most of the day. I don't know if he wasn't used to all the people around or if he wasn't feeling very well (very likely) or if he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. His crabbiness combined with my morning sickness made it a kinda rough afternoon!


Lane did get some fun presents - a couple of books, puzzles, and some Thomas stuff.







Curtis made my mom a creche (is that what they're called??) for her Willow Tree Nativity set. It turned out pretty cool and I think she was happy with it!


This was Lane's favorite present of all! A new slide! And he can climb on it! He had a blast going up and down and up and down.




We ended up staying the night because the storm was so bad! Bret was nice enough to give up his room for Curtis and I...even though I ended up sleeping in Lane's room. Lane still had a cough that keeps him awake for up to 45 minutes at a time. Since he wasn't at home, he'd get a little scared every time he woke up. I decided it was easier for me to lift my head up and say, "It's alright, Lane, Mommy's here", than it was to get out of bed, go up the stairs, down the hallway and say the same thing. He actually only woke up once when he wasn't coughing. So if it wasn't for that cough, it would've been a good night!











No comments:

Post a Comment