Stockham's Christmas program was last Sunday night. Lane's class practiced quite a bit on Sunday mornings and then they had a group practice on Saturday morning. Lane was pretty worried that he didn't know the songs very well! They were longer songs and not ones that he hears very often. He does know Away in a Manger, so I told him to sing that one and do the best he could.
I had no idea that Katy's class was participating in the program! I took her downstairs with me to drop off Lane and I noticed that her class was gathering in their room. I had to bribe her with fruit snacks, but she joined her class in singing a few songs. (I was just thankful that she looked somewhat decent and wasn't wearing her Angry Birds shirt!)
Singing "Jingle, Jingle, Happy Bells" while shaking bells - doesn't everyone sing that song when they are 2 years old?
I was busy in the back room feeding Scarlett, so I'm glad that my mom got a few pictures for me!
Lane was a "grandchild" in the program, which basically meant that he had to sit and listen to "Grandpa" tell the Christmas story and sing along to a few songs. He did well - I noticed him singing a few times, and the rest of the time he stood quietly and did what he was supposed to!
As one of the youngest babies in church, Scarlett got to be baby Jesus. She did wonderful - not a peep! Unfortunately, I couldn't see her face, so I didn't get any good pictures!
Lane kept a pretty close eye on Scarlett during the whole song that she was up there - he's a great big brother! (Ignore the two crazy boys in the front row!)
The program was cute (and thankfully, short) and we all enjoyed the cookies afterward!






No comments:
Post a Comment