Lane's fireman costume and Katy's puzzles were a hit! They couldn't wait to start playing with them the next morning.
Scarlett grew out of her 0-3 month clothes all of a sudden, so I actually had a Christmas outfit for her! Katy wore this when she was 6 months old. In this picture, Katy was reading a story to Scarlett before church.
We invited Curtis' parents and Brent and Christi over on Christmas Eve. We enjoyed lots of snacky food, Christmas movies for the kids, and Duck Dynasty for the adults :)
Christmas morning, Curtis woke up sick. He managed to make it through opening presents, but spent the rest of the day like this:
I felt bad for him, but I also felt bad for me since that meant entertaining all three kids by myself! They've had colds for the past 10 days, which made for pretty crabby kids. (At this point, I'm pretty much over winter and all the sickness that comes with it!).
The kids loved their presents! I didn't get any pictures, but Santa brought them both new bikes. They've really enjoyed riding them around the family room and the shop.
All Lane asked for in recent weeks was a "six-wheel firetruck." He was so excited! He also got a firetruck Lego set and a coat (that is still sitting at the post office since it didn't arrive until yesterday!).
Katy was actually pretty patient opening her gifts and liked every one of them! She got the Copycats of the King CD, a Lightning McQueen Hawk car, a pink monster truck, a shopping cart, a cash register, and a basket of toy food.
Scarlett got a kangaroo from Santa (luckily Katy isn't quite old enough to figure it out, but she saw the kangaroo on Christmas Eve!) and a matching book from us. She didn't need anything else.
The kids spent the rest of morning playing with their new stuff and watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Frosty the Snowman.
We had plans to go over to my parent's house in the afternoon - Grandpa and Grandma Reimer were here, so we wanted to celebrate with them! We decided that it would be best if Curtis didn't go, so it was just me and the kids. Let me just say that I'm glad I'm not a single parent - it was exhausting! Scarlett was crabby (I'm still not sure if she's getting a cold or if we need to give her more Zantac) and the kids were just very active and needy!
They really enjoyed their presents though - they received roller skates and pool toys from Great Grandma and Grandpa, and a mining Lego set for Lane and a cupcake Duplo set for Katy from my parents. They both figured out the skates right away and had a lot of fun skating around the house!
It was a pretty low-key Christmas and I'm really glad it was! I found that the holidays are pretty exhausting with a little baby. We still have a few more holiday activities - Christmas with the Farrall's in Omaha tomorrow, bowling with my family on Sunday, and Christmas with my family on Tuesday. Whew.











No comments:
Post a Comment