Yesterday was Lane's 4th birthday! (Just like everyone always says, I can't believe my baby is 4 already, he's growing so fast, yada, yada, yada....). He's at the age now where he could really look forward to his birthday. He told me for months what he wanted for his birthday (Bob the Builder stuff, a sleeping bag, and a baseball glove).
Finally the big day came! I asked Lane how old he is: "I'm still 3."
"No, Lane, you're 4! Today is your birthday!"
"But I'm still 3. I didn't grow at all!" I explained to him that he really was 4.
Lane and Katy were really excited about the candles on Lane's cinnamon roll in the morning. After a normal Sunday of church, lunch, and naps, we headed over to my parent's house for a birthday celebration.
Since Brooks' birthday is May 3rd, Casey wanted to celebrate his birthday this past weekend (she might have a baby by next weekend!) so we combined Lane's and Brooks' party. Definitely made it easier for me - I just had to make a couple sides and buy a cake!
Lane was really excited to open his presents. He got everything on his list...lucky boy! We bought him Bob the Builder Duplos, and Grandma and Grandpa and Great-Grandma and Grandpa bought him a sleeping bag. (I found a cheap baseball glove at a consignment sale a few weeks ago, so he already had that!). He got some dinosaurs, a bubble wand, and a squirt gun from Casey and Blake and a kids' CD from Bret and Laura. He was pretty excited about everything!
Since Casey already had plans to make Brooks a cake, I figured that we didn't need 2 traditional cakes. I love ice cream cakes so I picked one up from Dairy Queen earlier in the week.
![]() |
| Both boys really admired their cakes! |
Brooks had to watch Lane pretty close to figure out what exactly was going on! Lane blew all his out and then we laughed while Brooks tried and tried.
Lane and Katy have had a great time playing Bob the Builder today. Duplo sets was a pretty good choice for a present - the kids can share them and Katy doesn't feel left out! I even heard Lane singing the Bob the Builder theme song and he NEVER sings! Pretty cute.







No comments:
Post a Comment